Let me show you the beautiful north of Israel with its historical sites and strategic importance. You won't want to miss out on a visit to the Galilee or the Golan. Below are four suggested day tours.
Sites in the Golan-Katzrin Area
* Gamla-The Masada of the north, hear the little known story at the site where it took place.
* Golan Wineries-Taste some great wines at their beautiful visitor's center.
* Golan Heights Museum-See findings from the Golan, including Hebrew inscriptions from ancient synagogues.
* Talmudic Village-Go back in time to a real village, reconstructed as it was in the Talmudic period.
Sites on the Golan Heights - North
* Banias National Park-Waterfalls, ancient palaces, Greek temples, great short hikes.
* Nimrod's Castle-A well preserved fortress from the Middle ages with amazing views.
* Mount Bental-See the views of the Golan and into Syria. Hear the stories of the battles fought here.
* Tel Dan-The ruins of an important ancient city in the Kingdom of Israel surrounded by the Dan Nature Reserve.
The Galilee Panhandle
* Kefar Giladi-Learn about the Shomer movement and see the famous lion statue.
* Tel Hai Courtyard-Where Trumpeldor died defending this area after WWI.
* Rosh Pina-One of the earliest Zionist settlements. Walk along its first street and visit Nimrod's Lookout.
The Galilee - Around the Hula Valley
* Hula Nature Reserve-See nature up close and learn about this special area of the country.
* Dobrovin Farm-Find out who the Sabotniks were and learn about the hard times of the areas early farms.
* Agamon Park-Bird migration rest stop area surrounding a beautiful lake.
The Galilee - North
* Rosh Hanikra-Take the cable car down to the grottos. Learn the story of the area during the War of Independence.
* Keshet Cave-One of the most beautiful natural wonders in Israel.
Guided Tours From $350