Let me take you to experience the Dead Sea area where you can find out why Masada is so important, see where the Dead Sea scrolls were discovered and learn about who wrote them. You can hike through a desert oasis and of course float in the lowest point on earth. Below are four of the more famous sites worth exploring.
* Masada Museum-Get a deeper understanding of Masada's significance through the exhibits at the base of the site.
* Cable Car to the top-The easy way up with great views too. Save your strength for touring the mountain.
* Tour the Mountain-Hear the dramatic story of the last stand against Rome at the place it happened-Herod's fortress.
* Wadi David Hike-Walk in this desert oasis where you'll see waterfalls, lush greenery and some impressive animals.
* Botanical Gardens-Within Kibbutz Ein Gedi is an amazing botanical garden with plant varieties from all over the globe.
* Qumran Museum-Learn about the "Yahad" - the people who wrote the Dead Sea Scrolls.
* Tour the Site-See where and how the community lived and where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered.
* Choice of Beaches-Float in the Dead Sea, the lowest point on earh. Cover yourself with mineral rich mud or even get a massage.
Guided Tours From $350